Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May TBR Pile #1

Peoples! I got motivated enough to go to the school library!

I selected Cinder and Cress only to find that Scarlet was absent. Disappointing. I picked up Dune instead, and then I spied an ARC proof of Maggie Stiefvater's The Scorpio Races. I had absolutely no self-control: I had to have that book. But I already had seven out: Lunar Chronicles and Dune plus Cinda Williams Chima's entire Seven Realms series.

So I borrowed it undercover. I tucked it into my bag and walked downstairs and checked out the other three I'd selected, but not Scorpio. I don't even feel guilty! I'm just irritated at the school for putting a limit on the amount of books I can check out when I can read so many more than that in such a short amount of time.

I've finally obtained a gorgeous hardback copy of The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender. My friend's mother bought it for me on the promise that I would lend it to her daughter when I finished it, which I immediately swore. In that instant I would've done almost anything to own that book because it was so blue and golden and feathery and elegant and magical. (ETA: Then I read it... and promptly gave it to said friend because it distressed me.)

And then, dear readers, I headed off to the local branch library and picked up Throne of Glass, 1984, A Doll's House, Crime and Punishment, Neverwhere, Tithe, The Promise, The Da Vinci Code, and The Winter Of Our Discontent. 

 So now I've a pile of fifteen new books, four of which I've read as I compose this post. I've finished Cinder, Scorpio Races, Dune, and The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows, and am halfway through (and alternately loathing/laughing at) Throne of Glass. Assist me with my quandary now, dear readers: should I wait until the library gets Scarlet back and read the series in order, or should I read Cress right away and forget Scarlet for now?
 

1 comment: